grand turk : turks & caicos

by - 2:37 PM

him&herblog,travelogue,grandturk,turksandcaicos,island,scuba,caribbean,grandturkisland

our first port on our cruise was to the beautiful island of grand turk. only 7 miles long and 1 mile wide, we enjoyed our time on this little island. grand turk is the 3rd best place for scuba diving in the world because of it's drop-off. as you can see in the photos, the water is a light blue around the island and where you see the contrast in color to dark blue is where the huge drop off is, hundreds of feet down. the water was crystal clear around the beach. kevin snorkeled for the first time! he was itching to go scuba diving, so his next goal is to become scuba certified.








 ^^ there are wild donkeys that roam the island

we spent our time in grand turk snorkeling and touring the island. we went to the farthest side of the island to see the little lighthouse. the clouds came in for a bit as we walked around the light house and snapped some shots of the coastline. we enjoyed the beautiful beach and ended the day getting sunburned... which was bound to happen with my fair skin.

all photos taken december 2012

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. how lovely!!! seems like a great place to relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. I would have an eternal smile while visiting those places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this place looks like a dream. I can't believe how blue the water is... no wonder it's 3rd best for scuba diving!

    p.s. How long are you in Rexburg for? I'm going back for the winter, we should play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see there are donkeys in paradise! :]
    {Em ♥ teatreevintage.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! so glad I stumbled upon your blog! new follower!

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. just the fact that you went snorkeling blows my mind. I'm terrified of the water & the creatures in it. i'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wild Donkeys?! That's amaaaaazing!! haha! What a beautiful place, I need to go there, um, now! haha!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her