okay friends, what do you suggest?

by - 7:00 AM



hello friends! i'm looking for some good insight on these places; these are the ports we will be stopping at on our cruise in two weeks (!!!) can you tell my excitment?! it's our honeymoon (since we did a mini-moon after our wedding)/get away/celebrating the end of the semester.

have you been to any of these places? if so, please let us know what you did and what you would recommend (that's not terribly expensive...) thank you!

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. ahhhh so jealous. my husband and i did a mini moon and that is the only honeymoon we will ever get. so i will help you as if it were our own vacation. my friend loves the bahamas, so i would say go there. it looks so beautiful. second choice would be puerto rico.
    but never been to either. sorry if thats not much help.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so jealous! Have so so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you are so lucky! a couple years ago when i went on a cruise with my family we went to St. Thomas. We rented a taxi for the day and took a tour of the island. It was absolutely gorgeous and tons of fun! our driver showed us the highlights of the island and we made sure to get out and take loads of pictures. gorgeous gorgeous island!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to any of these! But they all look amazing. I really want to go to Puerto Rico. I cannot wait to see all your pictures and hear your stories! Yay for you and the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have actually been to all four of these places (via cruises) and I loved each of these ports! My family and I love going on cruises, so we have been able to see quite a few places via our trips. In San Juan you have to see the old fort (there are tours that you can book through your ship) and in Half Moon Cay I would recommend parasailing and horseback ridding. The horseback ridding ranch we went to in Half Moon Cay let you ride the horses in the ocean. It was magical!

    Which cruise line are you going on? Carnival and Royal Caribbean are my favorite lines.

    If you have any questions about cruises, let me know, I have been on quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I went on a cruise a few years ago and learned a lot. Because your time in each port is short (usually), I would recommend looking up restaurants ahead of time. My husband and I are not planners at all, so at each stop we would exit the boat and try to wing it. On a regular vacation, I think that's fine. But when you only have a few hours? No. Somehow, we found the one terrible restaurant in Rome, where we ended up spending half of our precious ten hours waiting for a stupid order of calamari. The people on the cruise who had done their research ahead of time seemed to have a much better, more rewarding, and less stressful experience. (I mean, it was still a blast, we just missed out on some great adventures because we were disorganized.)

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been on a cruise before. All these places look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How incredibly exciting! Such fun destinations!

    - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a difficult decision! but puorto rico maybe!
    I like your blog,I'm a new follower!

    -giveaway on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, new follower, I found you through Thriftary.
    My husband and I did the same thing. Took a mini moon right after our wedding and actually went on this exact cruise this past July (with Carnival Cruise Lines) for our honeymoon.

    If you want to check it out, here's some of my posts: http://www.littlewomanlittlehome.com/search/label/Honeymoon

    Half Moon Cay: It's pretty chill there, me and my hubs did a kayak excursion and then just chilled and took pictures, the water is GORGEOUS there.

    St. Thomas: My husband is actually from here so we met up with his Gram and she hooked us up with a friend who did the van tours of the island. If you want to get a fast and efficient overview of the island I suggest this one. Magen's Bay Beach. Loved it there, so peaceful.

    Puerto Rico: Def. visit one of the forts. I forget the name of the one we went to but it was the bigger one of the two. The rest of the time we spent walking the streets and taking pictures. So many great photo opportunities.

    Grand Turk: Make sure to take water shoes, there is LOTS of coral on this beach. This was one our last ports so we just chilled on the beach here and walked through Margaritaville.

    You'll have a blast girl. Looking forward to following along with your blog and getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her