be yourself, everyone else is taken.
lately i've been wanting to change things about me to become like anyone but myself. in the most unselfish and humble way, i do love myself and am confident in what i believe in and the person i have become all these years. however, it's so easy to get caught up in others' talents than your own, or other things you may not have that you wish you did. i'm sure everyone has felt this way some point in their life.
photography is my passion and a way to express myself along with sharing my gift with others. making people feel good about themselves and helping them realize not only how beautiful they are in the outside, but how beautiful everyone is on the inside is so rewarding. although photography is my passion and one of my strengths, it's also a great weakness i have of comparing myself with others. it's been a struggle lately with re-branding and being SO indecisive on the "look" i want. goodness... what a process!
if there is one thing i have learned this summer, it's to never give up on your dreams. if you really want something, you can do it. make your dreams happen- take those baby steps. i'm so thankful that i have so many opportunities to learn and grow in the skills and talents i want to perfect in- but it sure doesn't come by sitting back and not doing anything about it. it takes work. lots of it. so get up and get started.
just be yourself. it can be hard at times when you're still trying to find yourself, but us humans are ever changing, so don't give up. everyone else is taken.



18 comments
Andrea! You are seriously SO talented! And I just love your new blog design!:)
ReplyDeleteCouldn't agree more! What a great post! Oh and I loooove the new logo! x
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder to be who I am. I am mostly a person who is happy in their own skin but I think we all naturally compare ourselves to others and inevitably find ourselves lacking in some way. It's always good to have a reminder to be happy with who you are in your own skin and acknowledge your own talents and strengths for just what they are. I just love that phrase "be yourself - everyone else is taken", it's just so true! X
ReplyDeleteHi its Gianna! I'm getting my first blog starting, and I'd love for you to come see it! There is actually a contest going on right now so you need to come check it out!
ReplyDeletewww.randocology.blogspot.com
xoxo
Gianna
something i needed to read very much! Thanks for sharing your feelings a words! :)
ReplyDeletexx
Lauren @ tippeecanoe,com
I know just what you mean - especially when you're in a creative field, it's so easy to get caught up in what other people are doing and having success with that you sometimes lose focus on what makes you and your work unique. This is my first visit to your blog and based on what I've seen so far, you're obviously a very talented photographer. As long as you take your own advise, you're bound to go far :)
ReplyDeletexox,
Cee
http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com
I totally agree! Are you in the creative field? And thank you for your lovely compliment Cee!
DeleteYou are beautiful! And so talented!
ReplyDeleteOhhh tori, you're so sweet :) thank you!
DeleteVery inspiring! So so true! You're so cute by the way! Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much kylee! I always love new visitors :)
DeleteEveryone needs to find a way to let go of their fear, and believe in themselves, don't they. Kellie xx
ReplyDeleteYes they do! Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteGreat post - and your so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGlad you get to go visit Kevin I know exactly how that goes. But next summer you'll be with him which is hard in different way but at least your together. Can't wait to be block neighbors this fall :)
Thanks Martha! I'm so excited to be block buddies :) I hope you're enjoying DC!
DeleteAwww what a beautiful heart you've shared here, thank you for being so vulnerable. One thing that has helped me in this blogging world, and in life in general is that I had to stop comparing myself to her her and her. Because I am me, who God created--with my own gifts that no one else holds. Once I started focusing on the gift/s God wanted me to use, I then stopped wishing I had this or that gift/talent. I felt such a huge freedom and release, and I feel so much better now! Sounds like you are working through it too, and that's so so good and wise:)
ReplyDeleteLove this. I love your blog!! I am following.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream
just found your blog and love it! you are SO beautiful! im here to stay :)
ReplyDeleteleave us some love
xo, him&her