a new posting series | favorite meals no.1

by - 11:59 AM




my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. what better way to start off the day with something delicious? (the biggest meal of your day should be breakfast!) you burn off the calories you've eaten the rest of the day (!!!) could that be more motivating?



the best way of making oatmeal (in my opinion) is simple: light brown sugar (1tbs= 15cals), whole milk, a pinch of cinnamon and the occasional sliced banana if i'm feelin it. oatmeal keeps me full for hours and i'm a happy camper! ever since i was a wee one, my mom would ask me every morning "Andrea, what do you want for breakfast?" my reply, "Chocolate milk and oatmeal!" (i'm a chocolate milk lover, but lately have kept that obsession tightly reigned)

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. That looks really good!

    Followme@www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm brown sugar & oatmeal are one of the best combinations in my book

    Katy
    www.momentsofmusing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. chocolate milk and oatmeal... i think i found a new best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oatmeal for breakfast, too! I do mine up with butter and honey... yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I want this. I love food. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my favorites as well :] loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love your blog and your photos! I really like how simple it is :) I saw your comment on my blog (dailypolkadots) about the iphone, congrats on getting one! :) I am obsessed with mine! Anyways just wanted to pop in and say thank you for following! I am going to put your button up on my page for a little while if you do not mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, thank you for the sweet comment. I LOVE your blog and it's simplicity. You have beautiful photography. It all feels so calming and I love that. Do you like the idea of following each other?

    ~Yesenia
    {then there was us}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, i'm eating oatmeal right now! Such a good way to start the day.

    p.s. just found your blog and I adore it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo hoo! how do you like your oatmeal? and thank you for the wonderful compliment gaby!

      Delete
  10. I've never been able to get into oatmeal...but then again, these pictures make it look so fun + delicious I may have to try again! How do you cook your oatmeal so it doesn't get slimy? xo! eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi eliza! so i put in a bowl about a cup or less of old fashioned oats. then add water so it just barely covers all of the oats. heat in microwave for 1 minute. then i stir and let it cool for a bit and add about 1/4 cup of whole milk, 1 tbs of brown sugar and some cinnamon. give that a try and see if it works! :)

      Delete
  11. Yum! These photos are amazing! Makes oatmeal look so chic! lol

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah thank you!! i've never thought of oatmeal being chic :)

      Delete

leave us some love

xo, him&her