your home | improve series

by - 1:55 PM

I want to do a little exercise... think to yourself when reading the following questions:

How do you feel when you look at this room?


 How do you feel when you look at this room?


 There's a big difference in emotions. You feel peace, calm, relaxed, clean, bright and happy when you see the first photo. The second one, you instantly feel unorganized, stressed, unclean, upset, and discouraged.


Your home is place where you can allow others to feel these same ways when they visit.
Life catches up to us and sometimes we think our home is a happy place to be until we realize it's become like the messy bedroom. So what are some daily little things you can do to improve your home and keep it a happy, comforting place to be? 
 
It only takes a second:
Live by the mantra: a place for everything and everything in its place. 
  • If you take it out, put it back.
  • If you open it, close it.
  • If you throw it down, pick it up.
  • If you take it off, hang it up. 


 Make a simple list of things to declutter and pick one per day:

  • Day 1: Declutter Magazines
  • Day 2: Declutter DVD’s
  • Day 3: Declutter books
  • Day 4: Declutter kitchen appliances 
  • etc....

I hope this helps someone out there who may be stressed about their home. It takes those simple daily things to instanty improve your home and how you feel when you're there.

Enjoy your day! We have lots of warm sunshine here and I can't wait to play outside this weekend. (well if i have the time- finals are stressing me out! eekk...)  

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. great advice.
    i'm one more sock on the floor away from printing this out and tacking it onto our fridge.
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how much difference a tidy space can make! I absolutely HAVE to have a clean room before I can study, otherwise I just can't concentrate on anything! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. With 3 kids and a puppy it gets a little overwhelming sometimes to have to clean every single day! It makes me want to lock myself in my own room and let them take over the rest of the house sometimes. Lol.

    I will definitely try your one task a day trick and will have my kids do the same!

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so much calmer when things are organised!! Having a daughter that has just started to walk means that toys are everywhere now, so I'm trying so hard to keep things organised and clutter free (which is hard some days). I love focusing on one area. Sometimes it can be overwhelming when there is so much to clean/sort out.

    Great post! :) XO

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her