health | improve series
so to start off my improve yourself series, i decided to write about
something that i know we all struggle with- wanting to be healthier! i'm
no expert on this. i have taken a nutrition class and really enjoyed
it, but these are tips that i've found that i've tried myself and have
noticed a difference!
Tried-and-tested tips to help reduce your calorie intake:
- Weigh yourself every week // sometimes hard to keep this one up if you don't have access to a scale, but it's a great way just to keep tabs on yourself
- Eat when you are hungry. Never come to the table starving — you’ll just over-eat // you will eat way more than your stomach was asking for.
- DRINK plenty of water and stay hydrated. Water can help you feel satisfied and full // and helps you to not overeat. it's best to drink a glass of water before every meal
- Always sit down to eat — and enjoy your food! // eat slowly and really chew every bite and enjoy it!
- Pick one food that is calorie-dense that you splurge on regularly (mine was desserts) — and stop eating it // okay, DESSERTS are my weakness. period. so for the month of march, i chose to not eat any desserts. i'm halfway through and desserts aren't a temptation at all because i made the goal and am sticking with it. it's so much easier to say NO when you have already made the choice. try it!
- Treat food labels with caution. Check serving sizes to see how many there are in the container — you might be eating four servings and not even know it! // isn't THAT the truth! you'd be surprised the size of real serving sizes.
If don't have a device that downloads apps, no fear! Just go online HERE to sign up for free and start keeping track of those calories!
I did this religiously during last Spring and lost about 6 lbs and kept it off during the summer and I barely had worked out (shame on me!) Monitoring your food intake DOES work. So if you're needing a gradual way to kick off your new years resolution, don't give up and try this out!
I hope this first series of improve yourself has helped at least one person out there to want to change a little daily everything in your life to get better health :)
I'd love to hear what goals you have to improving your health!



4 comments
This post is awesome ~ thank you for compiling all of this! I'm going to go look at that app now. xo! eliza
ReplyDeleteGreat post !!
ReplyDeleteDear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)
Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
♡ StylishByNature.com
I guess I'll be heading to the produce section after work today :)
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to work out 3 times every week now (just had to take a week break because of the flu).
Great post!
ohhhh my gosh , I found out about this from a friend,and it RTEALLY is the best app, it covers eveyrthing and has almost any food on it you can imagine!! And it's free Win Win!!
ReplyDeleteleave us some love
xo, him&her