simple photo tips : my favorite lens
let's talk about the 50mm lens. if you are just starting out in photography, this lens is the number one lens i recommend! especially for portraits. if you're already into photography and have the 50mm then you all know how magical it is. the lower the aperture (f/1.2 for Cannon users and f/1.4 for Nikon users) the more bokeh, or blurred background, you'll get which creates creamy skin tones and sharp eyes. my 50mm is on my camera about 80% of the time. the nice thing about this lens is that it's affordable! if you're debating over the 1.4 or 1.8, it's worth it to fork out some more money and get the lowest aperture for the best bokeh in your images.
to see the rest of this photo session, click here.
past posts related to photography:
+ Q&A / photography for beginners
+ My journey to photography
+ What's in my bag?
+ Be yourself, Everyone else is taken
+ Posing couples

8 comments
I agree! I've been borrowing my friend's 50mm and I kinda want to steal it.
ReplyDeleteI love my 50! I have a 1.4 and I use it for a majority of my pictures! This picture is stunning btw.
ReplyDelete-Amanda | Living in Another Language
I totally agree! I almost always use a 50mm 1.4. Love your site by the way :)
ReplyDelete-Karina
www.seeingbeautyblog.com
beautiful pictures!
ReplyDelete-Deana, from Birds&Oxfords
we LOVE our 50mm 1.4! it makes for such beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeletelove my 50mm!
ReplyDeletekw, ladies in navy
jewelry giveaway!
I only have a kit lens and I'm looking into purchasing my next lens. Thanks for the advice!
ReplyDeleteLove the "Simple Photo Tips" series! So glad I stumbled across your blog, it's delightful!
ReplyDeleteleave us some love
xo, him&her