this isn't a post about fashion.

by - 9:00 AM



i want to share how i started into photography. i'll try to keep it short and to the point. about 4 years ago my friend came to town and she had a digital SLR camera. we were both really into modeling and taking photos together. it was our thing we did every year. that's when i discovered my love for photography. i loved being behind the camera and taking portraits. (it helped that my best friend was totally meant to model, which made my job easier.)

i took one photography class my senior year in high school for my senior project. i bought my very own camera (started with a NikonD3000). i instantly fell in love... with photography. i'm not going to say i'm the most amazing photographer ever- nor did my photos look that great when i started out. but i yearned to learn more and grow. the rest is history. it's been 3 years since i started my photography business and i'm still learning so much! all i'm going to say is it took practice. lots and lots of practice.

my point is- don't give up. if you're wanting to become a photographer- go for it! if you're wanting to run a marathon- heck why not? (not saying i will ever do that) but all it takes is practice and a whole lot of wanting to succeed.

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. This is such a fantastic story! I love reading about people's journey to following their ambitions and dreams.
    xo.

    p.s. what do you shoot with now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi megan! i now shoot with a NikonD90. Are you a photographer yourself?

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I have always LOVED taking pictures, I take pictures of literally everything! At this point in my life I really have no idea what I want to do, and It's stressing me out A LOT. Maybe I'll look more into photography :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a great time to really discover what makes you happy and what your hobbies are. it may take time, so be patient, but i know you'll find something that you'll love! :)

      Delete
  3. i love the title of this post hehe :)

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i had to get a little creative :) thanks ashley!

      Delete
  4. What an encouraging story! Photography provides the perfect medium to capture all of life's moments and is worth all of the practice in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed. i love photography in a way that we can capture a moment in time. it's such a blessing to have!

      Delete
  5. i love the way you said this! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely post. I also adore taking photos and I'd love to take an amateur class so I just know enough to be able to really take photos worth appreciating without getting too technical. A good DSLR is on my ultimate wishlist at the moment. A girl can dream ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely take a class and learn! Whether you go pro or not, photography is a beautiful thing :)

      Delete
  7. such encouraging words, i love it! follow your dreams...you'll always work hard to achieve what you love. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture and story!

    http://beautyofheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for being your friend!!!!!! Hhahahahaha love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her