goals | improve series

by - 8:30 AM

 andrea brionne design //

this winter didn't treat me so well. staying inside, no motivation for working out, craving ice cream every night, the whole shabang. i hate when you're in that rut where you know and have the desire to change bad habits, but for some reason you can't get yourself out of that hole. i don't know quite yet how to get yourself out of that hole, but i know that when you share your goals with others and ask for them to help you, it's a step up the ladder out of that hole.

i'm home. my mind is cleared from school work. i have a set schedule with enough time to really focus on myself and improving myself. there's always always room for self improvement.

i'm a plan ahead kind of person. like a plan 6-mos ahead kind of person. call me crazy? sure. but i like making goals, its just a matter of sticking with them! it's spring, the sun is shining (sometimes in seattle) and bathing suit season is here! (whaa? how did that creep up on me so fast?) this means "ready, set, ACTION" on goal making.

take the time to reflect on yourself and list the things you want to change. think about them and how you can go about doing those changes. it might be something simple like being more clean around the house. all it takes are the small daily everythings to make a big change. i've made my spring goals, and am ready to achieve them. now who's with me?

do you have any goals? i'd love to hear yours and feel free to share them here or with your friends and ready set action! lets see you accomplish those goals.

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. I'm the same way! I actually just wrote about that yesterday. Between school and crappy weather, my motivation dropped to the lowest ever! I signed up for The Color Run at the end of July so I have something to work toward to keep me motivated. We'll see how it goes :)
    http://gennafreedatlast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I have been recently thinking about the same things, thanks for putting it down in words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about this a lot lately!! Thanks for putting it to words:D My biggest goal(s) lately is to eat healthy and to become a 1st grade teacher next fall! I am on my way but not quite there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my goals have turned into dreams recently and new goals arouse! Working on reaching them right now :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what it feels like to be in that rut! I think every winter I plan the whole "exercise more - eat healthier in the anticipation of bathing suit season" idea, but it seems to get lost on me. Before you know it, wham, it's summer.

    Good luck with all your goals this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest goal right now is to get a better job and move. I've had that stuck feeling for a little while now and I'm so ready for a change. PS, I nominated you for a blogger award. Check it out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got here from Anna's blog! So sorry if way over-stalkerish.

    One thing that has sincerely worked for me is to not tell people my goals. Watch dis TED http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHopJHSlVo4

    Essentially, like any self help or research on how to do something, talking about it/researching gives you the feel good factor of getting closer to your goal without actually doing the WORK that it takes to get there. For example, think of fitness/gender specific magazines. Men's health: HOW TO GET ABS, Women's health: How to lose that last 5lbs! If those magazines really had the secret, do you think they would keep selling? The thing is.. they do tend to have the secret, but it's common sense when it comes to health - eat less, move more. However, knowing the bajillion BEST WAYS TO GET WASHBOARD ABS/TONED STOMACH makes you feel like you are closer to whatever your goal may be, but without putting in the WORK.

    Of course, in the abstract sense it is okay to tell people your goals. Just realize that when you tell people your goals, your brain is likely giving you a hit of feel good that makes you feel closer to the goal, which can yield wholly unproductive results.

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her