why juice?

by - 7:30 AM




it makes you feel good. i'm getting all the vitamins and minerals to boost my energy and immune system. it's a great feeling when you know it is 100% juice with no artificial sweeteners.

there are so many different views out there about how juicing does nothing for you and you aren't getting the fibers from the fruits and vegetables, etc etc. my take on it is just this: i personally am not a huge vegetable and fruit eater. i've always been that way because i'm a picky eater (getting better though!) and it's always been hard for me to eat multiple servings of fruits and vegetables a day in my diet. so with juicing, even if i don't get those fibers from actually eating it, i know i am getting the minerals and vitamins that i normally wouldn't get otherwise.

my husband and i usually juice in the morning with mostly fruits and some vegetables and at night with mostly vegetables and little fruit.

we recently bought the book (above) "The Big Book of Juices" and we're slowly trying out different juice variations. they also have great smoothie recipes. it's a great price for tons of juice recipes and i love that it explains more about what fruits and vegetables you can juice and the health benefits for each. it's such a great resource!

image taken with my iphone 4 and edited with VSCO Cam app

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. My husband and I bought a juicer about six months ago, and we've loved it! Except, he wanted to do the cleanse, so we started out juicing for every meal, and that quickly got old! We need to pull it out again and start juicing once a day I think at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I had a juicer! On a little side note: I come here all the time and notice the little tweaks you make here and there, and I love what you've got going on blog design wise!
    xoxo
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been dying to get into juicing! i think im going to try a three day juice cleanse and if i like it, invest in a juicer for myself!

    also, ive said it before and ill say it again: your photography is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. We either juice or make smoothies with fruits and veggies once a day. I, like you, am not a big veggie/fruit eater but can get multiple servings into one drink and I LOVE that. The book you mentioned sounds great - I'm going to check it out!
    xo,
    --Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about juicing and I think I need to try it. I'm in the "not a big veggie and fruit eater" group as well, so it seems like a great way to get in that daily dose.
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love juicing and even though many have a lot of negative to say about it I disagree because you are getting nutrients and intaking fruits and vegetables so that counts for something.

    Your blog is lovely! I need to get this book and give some more juice recipes a go, I am a picky eater as well and I tend to stay around the same recipes that I love.

    -Courtney
    www.alwaysrooney.com

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her