2 Ways to Check Ingredients in Products
It can be so overwhelming when you first start to switch the products you use to products with cleaner ingredients; but I think it's such an important thing to focus on because it can have such an impact on your health!
The two ways that I go about checking to see how "clean" the ingredients are in products are by using the Think Dirty app (so easy to use!) or by looking up the product/individual ingredients on the EWG.org website.
1. Think Dirty app
Download it for free onto your phone. You can then go ahead and either scan the barcode on your products or look up the product in their search form. They will list each ingredient in the product and show the cleanliness rating for each (their scale is on a 0-10. 0 =very clean 10= very dirty).
You can save your products to your "bathroom shelf" in the app. If there's a product that has a high rating that you're wanting to see what you can switch it to, then after scanning, you can click on the tabs above the ingredients list to "Our Picks" and they will show you clean products to choose from! You can even shop for them through the app too. It's so easy to navigate & use!
I've been using this app for years now! Anytime I'm in the store looking for any products, I pull out my phone, open this app and scan away!
Here's an example of how to easily scan a product to see its' rating:
2. EWG.org website
This website is great for looking up individual ingredients in products! They don't have a database of products as big as the Think Dirty app, so I mainly use this website to search individual ingredients in a product to see the ratings and they give information on the ingredients as well. Their rating is very similar to Think Dirty (0-10 scale).
I hope these two sources will help you on your journey of switching to cleaner products! If you have any questions, comment below or message me on instagram :)
0 comments
leave us some love
xo, him&her