oh boy!

by - 1:11 PM



just as we felt, our intuition was right -- we're having a BOY! i couldn't be more excited; especially since i have been sewing blue blankets and boy burp rags lately... :)

we were planning on waiting a couple more weeks to find out at my next appointment, but i got so anxious and impatient to know that i told kevin i was going to book a gender reveal ultrasound asap and that's what happened today! it was amazing seeing our little guy moving around in my belly. it didn't take long for the ultrasound lady to identify the gender - his position made it very clear to us that those were boy parts! now that we know our little Colsen Mehner will be coming to us, it feels more real that we'll be having a new addition to our family in just 5 months! i cannot wait to meet this little one soon.

** we also surprised our family with announcing the gender earlier than expected! 

You May Also Like

25 comments

  1. So exciting!!!! Colsen was one of my names I picked out when we were first married for our 1st boy. We since have changed the names we want but pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Kevin's prediction was right haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! So exciting and I love those little shoes! :)

    ♥J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting! congrats! I am crossing my fingers for my first to be a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that picture is too adorable. I have two nephews and I just love them. little boys are just so fun, even if they are a hand full. I'm so happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ashley! so far my pregnancy has been a breeze, so i'm crossing my fingers that this little boy is an angel child ;) (one can only hope...)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! Love your starter baby outfit : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh my baby boy had that SAME onesie when he was a month old! He's 16 months now and I have to struggle for cuddles! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Now you know what to buy for the little guy. How fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAHOOOOOOO!!! A boy! How exciting! a mother's intuition always seems to be right. it's a super power mothers receive upon pregnancy I believe. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dusty! i'm thinking you gain a lot of super powers during pregnancy ;)

      Delete
  10. So exciting! That little Colsen is going to have the best and sweetest mom and dad.

    xo,
    rn
    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just did the same thing. Hubby couldn't wait three weeks to find out! We are surprising our friends and family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe how exciting! It's crazy how they can tell exactly what the baby is sometimes. :) I hope those 5 months go fast for both you and i!
    -whit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! We just found out last week that we're expecting a little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congrats to you too brianne! how far along are you? i'm sure you'll LOVE shopping for your little girl; there's so many cute things out there!!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations and best wishes to you and your family! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her