diy face wash : natural living
i've tried several different face soaps and lotions to help my skin. i've had this constant battle with acne over the years and i've felt like nothing has really helped. this summer i've tried my best to avoid wearing foundation or powder in hopes that my skin would clear up... which didn't really help. on the other hand, in just the short amount of time that i've decided to go natural by changing my make-up to a more "clean" brand and using oils as face cleanser (+ moisturizer!) i've noticed a big difference! the redness in my skin has calmed down and i haven't been totally breaking out lately. hallelujah!
i actually gave away the cetafil face cleanser that i've been using for yearrsss and decided to try out my own homemade face wash. luckily i had 2 of the 3 ingredients at home, so it was an easy task.
DIY Natural Face Cleanser
1/2 C. liquid castille soap (such as Dr. Bronner's)
10 drops of tea tree essential oil
2 tbs. jojoba oil
mix ingredients in a bottle (preferably one with a pump) and wash with your hands or use cotton rounds.



10 comments
About two years ago I made the move to natural products and it helped clear my skin up a whole load! What I learnt is that I need to stay away from products that have parabens or sulfates in them 'cause those seriously mess up your skin. I hope that helps a bit! Oh and the cleanser you've made looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteI have to try this! My to-do list today included buying face wash..but now I'll just have to make it when I find all of these ingredients!
ReplyDeleteDid you order your ingredients like the castille soap and jojoba oil?
i bet this smells great!
ReplyDeleteI have just been using a mixture of tea tree oil and olive oil on my face and my skin has actually been a lot nicer than using other things.
ReplyDeleteLast summer, I did some reading on an oil-based face treatment, washing with olive oil and castor oil. I had read that this wouldn't matter on oily skin, but this made me break out more than ever.
ReplyDeleteIs this a similar treatment? Or would it be ok with oily skin?
Thanks so much for the recipe! :]
I love that youngster this. I've been thinking about switching my products to all natural ones, so now I think it will try out this recipe!
ReplyDeletepretty amazing
ReplyDeleteI've recently started experimenting with making face masks and it is so rewarding to know the ingredients that are being put in your beauty products!!
ReplyDeleteXo, Hannah
sweetsweetnoir.net
Is the tea tree oil just for smell or does it serve a purpose? I have the other 2 ingredients....thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteTea Tree oil is an antiseptic and antimicrobial so it treats the acne in the way that salicylic acid treats acne in commercial facial cleansers
Deleteleave us some love
xo, him&her