Poland: Kraków

by - 7:30 AM



we went inside the st. mary's cathedral and it was gorgeous! like italy, poland is filled with catholic cathedrals everywhere.

when we stopped outside the cathedral during the walking tour, we got to hear the trumpeter! here's the little song he plays on the hour every hour. he even waved at us down below afterward :)
  
 kevin and i in front of the clock tower in the plaza.

this is one of our tour guides - he was very entertaining and we learned so much about krakow on the walking tour. that day we did two walking tours and walked a total of 6 hours; we were incredibly beat by the end of the day! i highly recommend doing the free walking tours if you're ever in poland.

 for lunch we went to a restaurant kevin remembered going to while on his mission named Grandma Raspberry. it was delicious food! pictured above are the popular polish perogies. soooo yummy. they are like potato dumplings.
of course, we HAD to try out the nalesniki (crepes with a cream cheese kind of filling) which is also a popular polish dish and is also very delicious
 that night we walked around the city center to see it all lit up and ate some dessert at E. Wedel. they had the BEST melted hot chocolate i've ever tasted. we made sure to buy some and bring it home to enjoy

kraków, poland is full of history! it was such a great place to start our travels around poland. kraków is the second largest and oldest city in poland. i loved that we did the walking tours so we were able to see parts of the city that we probably wouldn't have seen. kevin loved being back in poland and he wasn't too rusty at his polish either ;)   

**All photos taken in September 2013

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Wow, I love seeing the places you two go! Looks like you two had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I stumbled across your blog. We love to travel as well, seeing your pictures makes me want to pack my bags and go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? These pictures are gorgeous! And your blog is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are breathtakingly beautiful!! Also loving your new header!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh...now you have me homesick for Poland, especially Krakow! I spent a month there, studying!! All those churches are old friends...and E. Wedel?! So very delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing that you spent a month there! I had no clue. I loved Krakow so much and the history there is amazing. Where were you studying at?

      Delete
  6. How in the world are you so cool! You take marvelous photos and are in POLAND! what!? If you don't mind me asking, what brings all the traveling? I really love seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Dusty, you crack me up! First of all, I LOVE traveling and second, we were in Poland because my husband lived there for 2 years (before I knew him) serving as a missionary for our church. So my parents, husband and I went to visit Poland last month so he could see all the people he met and show us around Poland. I'll be posting a lot more about Poland soon! :)

      Delete

leave us some love

xo, him&her