denmark : part one

by - 11:29 AM

 my parents, kevin and I with the danish flag and the Fredricksberg Castle



Our first stop once we arrived in Denmark was the Fredricksberg Castle in Hillerod.  It is a beautiful castle, full of stories from the past. Within the castle, we saw the original Carl Bloch paintings of the life of Christ. Most of his paintings we use within our church.

After touring the castle, we drove to the Queen's Summer Castle on the way to Helsingor. If only we all had our own summer castle.. wouldn't that be awesome?!


 behind kevin is the Kronborg Castle, also known as the "Hamlet" Castle.

the castle looks across the ocean to Sweden, just 4Km away! 


to end the long day (jet lag was hitting us hard) we stopped at Hansens icecream to grab the most delicious and creamy icecream i've ever tasted! 



seriously, denmark knows how to make good amazing ice cream - and i couldn't get over how delicious the chocolate sprinkles/shavings (don't know what they're called) were. i was loving denmark even more after that ;)

**All photos taken in September 2013

You May Also Like

13 comments

  1. ice cream does look amazing!
    Lovely photos :)
    -Deana, from Birds&Oxfords

    ReplyDelete
  2. how gorgeous!! i want to go! that ice cream looks amazing...

    bwaterloo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ice cream looks remarkable. All of my family and ancestors are from Denmark. I want to go there super bad one day. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! this looks like such fun. I really like the shot of your husband on the bench with the parnge wall behind him. These are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jealous much! Denmark sounds wonderful! what beautiful photos and yummy looking ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is where my family lives! we are heading over there for christmas and i can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous architecture! I'm desperate to get anywhere in Europe but I guess I'd never really thought about Denmark. I'll have to add that to my list. This looks like heaven.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i want to go to denmark so badly! loved all of your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this is amazing! I've always wanted to travel there, and this has certainly left me wanting to go even more now!

    wonderful photographs! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Denmark has such beautiful architecture and landscapes! Can't wait to see more photos.

    xx Kiwi At Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!! I never thought about visiting Denmark until I saw your beautiful pictures!!! Wow! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like such a fun trip! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love

xo, him&her