speaking of sleep.
i love sleep. whether it's taking power naps during the day or nestling into bed at night, i just love sleeping! because of my fascination of this important and daily thing in our lives, i thought i'd look up random facts about sleep to share with you. many of these i didn't even know! you learn something new everyday, so hopefully by reading this you'll leave a little smarter... because you never know when you need to bust out a random fact about sleeping to impress people. right?
01 Anything less than five minutes to fall asleep at night means you're
sleep deprived. The ideal is between 10 and 15 minutes, meaning
you're still tired enough to sleep deeply, but not so exhausted
you feel sleepy by day.
02 A new baby typically results in 400-750 hours lost sleep for parents
in the first year.
03 The "natural alarm clock" which enables some people to wake up more
or less when they want to is caused by a burst of the stress hormone
adrenocorticotropin. Researchers say this reflects an unconscious
anticipation of the stress of waking up.
04 Snoring occurs only in non-REM sleep.
05 Some studies suggest women need up to an hour's extra sleep a night
compared to men, and not getting it may be one reason women are
much more susceptible to depression than men.
06 Experts say one of the most alluring sleep distractions is the 24-hour
accessibility of the internet.
for more awesome facts, see source

7 comments
whoa that is so cool! i did learn new things today!
ReplyDeleteman, i love sleep.
<3
Kenzie
that new baby fact scares me!! That is a lot of lost sleep!
ReplyDeletesjdmiller.blogspot.com
How interesting!! I do love my sleep (:
ReplyDeleteVery interesting!! I'll have to remind the significant other of #5! :)
ReplyDeleteI loooove sleep too. Yet I'm a night owl! haha :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I adore your blog! Your dating ABC's idea is fantastic...I'll definitely be sharing it with my hubs! :)
Your groomals were beyond dreamy!! You'll treasure them (and your wedding day photos, exciting!) forever. xo
Interesting facts... thanks for sharing! I have such a love for sleep too that number 2 kinda scares me! Yikes.
ReplyDeleteAh I just read number six and realized I should be sleeping! :)
ReplyDeleteleave us some love
xo, him&her